International Atomic Energy Agency statement says Iran refused an IAEA request for access to a site where the agency suspects explosives testing related to a nuclear weapon took place, the USA Today writes.
The statement also warns that despite “intensive efforts,” no agreement was reached on how to restart the probe, which has been stalled for nearly four years.
“It is disappointing that Iran did not accept our request to visit Parchin during the first or second meetings,” IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said in a statement posted on the organization’s Facebook page. “We engaged in a constructive spirit, but no agreement was reached.”
The statement was released early Wednesday, after the IAEA team left on a return flight to Vienna. Remind that the two-day visit by the International Atomic Energy Agency team, which started Monday, is the second in less than a month amid growing concerns over alleged Iranian weapons experiments.
The West tries to press Iran by sanctions because of its nuclear program. The EU accepted a resolution to put embargo on Iranian oil since July 1. Iran denies all charges according which seeks atomic weapons and claims that the nuclear program is just for the peace civilian needs.
“We will no more wait to see enemy action against us,” the state-run Fars news agency quoted Mohammad Hejazi, deputy head of the general staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, as saying. His warning came after Iran sent the European Union a letter last week asking for negotiations at the “earliest opportunity” on the nuclear issue.