Armenian Human Rights Defender evaluates works by Yerevan Municipality
Press service of Armenian Human Rights Defender presents the assessment of Karen Anreasyan about the activities of
Here is the text of evaluation.
Shortcomings and problems identified
· As a result of the Municipality’s insufficient supervision, arbitrary constructions were often carried out in the yards of multi-residential buildings and also playgrounds, and these works were not prevented.
· While implementing the project of dismantling of kiosks, the Municipality mainly did not ensure the necessary legal procedures, as a result of which the corresponding people’s rights were violated causing social tension.
· The authorized body, acting on behalf of the Republic of Armenia, was not defined, which should have to carry out a proper supervision of implementation of obligations of builders prescribed by law or contract in the territory considered as territory of supreme public interest.
· In certain cases (address: Komitas 26) a citizen was provided with planning documents giving permission to carry out construction works, which were subsequently eliminated by the same body due to reasoning that it had been given with some legislative violations.
· The public transport situation in
· Landscaping and reconstruction actitivies have been carried out in communities.
· New public transport stops have been restored, furnished and constructed.
· The Municipality, in cooperation with a charitable foundation, managed to solve accommodation, food, hygiene, care and other essential issues of homeless people.
· The charitable program “Wish Implementation” was elaborated and put into action through the Municipality website aiming to support children in extreme need.
Karen Andreasyan, Human Rights Defender of the
The list of the identified positive developments, gaps and shortcomings is not exhaustive.
The introduced Chapter (22) of the HRD Annual Report 2011 is available in full athttp://pashtpan.am/pages/downloadPdf/file_id/633.Հետևեք մեզ նաև Telegram-ում