Lavrov: Moscow is concerned over the new outbreak of violence in eastern Ukraine
Moscow is extremely concerned over the new outbreak of violence in eastern Ukraine. As Sputnik News writes, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said about this on Wednesday.
Clashes between Kiev forces and Donbas independence supporters intensified in the first weeks of 2015, despite a ceasefire agreement reached during talks in Minsk on September 5 and a "silence regime" introduced in the region on December 9.
Last week, Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk urged the country’s parliament to cancel the ceasefire, while Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s press service announced that Ukraine was regrouping its military and reinforcing units in "hot spots” in the country’s east.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko stated he was ready to discuss a plan for a peaceful settlement of the crisis in eastern Ukraine's Donbas region, proposed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Wednesday.
"Following President Poroshenko’s reaction that we received, only verbally for now, in response to President Putin’s address from January 15, we could feel that he is ready to discuss this, but he raises some questions, some of which are technical. And these can be agreed upon," Lavrov said at a press conference.